Ra Medical Systems is a publicly traded, medical device company focusing on developing its excimer laser and catheter system to treat vascular diseases. This position is responsible for the production of DABRA catheters in a cleanroom environment. A Production Supervisor must follow procedures, understand documentation, and operate equipment to assemble product. The individual in this position will manage all people and processes in order to meet quality and customer requirements and satisfaction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Hands on role working in Production, supporting the Supervisor, Production, and training Operators.
- Trains and leads production team members and oversees the following: operation of equipment, processing of solutions/components/product, and packaging requirements as outlined per specifications and Work Instructions.
- Trains/Leads and oversees completion of production work orders
- Provides direct leadership to Operators and/or support(s) individual contributors/matrix reports.
- Provides performance feedback to supervisor for use in performance reviews
- Collaborates with Material Handlers
- Supports and helps implement lean principles & Good Manufacturing Process (GMP)
- Oversees cleaning requirements to maintain environmental specifications for controlled areas; maintains inventory and product visibility.
- Maintains training records and accurate Device History Records
- Solicits ideas for improved productivity and quality from Operators and plays an active role with Supervisors and Engineers to implement approved changes. Works with Engineers to identify the need for/and to write CO’s.
- Responsible for compliance with quality system procedures and all regulatory requirements.
- Consistently promotes collaboration, positivity, accountability and resourcefulness.
- Must demonstrate mutual respect, ongoing communication and a positive outlook with both internal team members and customers.
- Participates in onsite manufacturing or onsite repair of electronic medical equipment used for diagnostic or treatment purposes.
- Leads a production team to meet and exceed targets related to People, Safety, Environment, Quality, Delivery, and Cost
- Responsible for planning and maintaining schedules, directing the work of employees and training.
- Provides direction, coaching, counseling, and leadership to all direct reports to motivate employees.
- Performs administrative duties such as regular employee meetings, timekeeping/attendance/vacation requests, performance appraisals (input with manager), disciplinary actions, interviewing, rewards & recognition, training and development.
- Establishes a culture of excellence in execution, continuous improvement, and communication
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related technical experience; technical training, a degree and/or certification(s); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong knowledge of technical and functional principles and ability to teach others understands company’s mission and strategies
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), QSR, and ISO.
- Experience working with catheters.
- Experience working in production in a similar environment and with strong technical skills on all equipment.
- With guidance, works on assignments requiring some judgment and initiative. Understands implications of work and uses experience to problem solve and achieve results. Thoroughness and consistent reliability of work output is essential.
- Must be able to understand job duties and responsibilities, have the necessary skills/knowledge and be willing and able to continue learning and growing within the field.
- Must be skilled at managing a significant workload and obtaining positive results, taking on additional responsibility and managing priorities as needed.
- Must be accurate, detailed, committed to high quality standards and pro-active in finding solutions to achieve successful outcomes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to produce accurate, punctual reports/information, as required and thoroughly share information with others. Must be able to read, write and speak effectively.
- Exceptional listening skills with the ability to seek constructive feedback, build relationships, promote teamwork and remain flexible and open-minded. Able to quickly adapt to change.
- Capable of following realistic plans, goal setting, resource management, contingency planning, coordinating and cooperating with others.
- Capable of working thoughtfully under pressure and in a timely manner.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
All Positions at Ra Med require the following competencies:
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Diversity – Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Frequently required to stand
- Occasionally required to walk
- Occasionally required to sit
- Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Frequently required to talk or hear
- Occasionally work around fumes and chemical. Specifically: epoxy, hydrogen peroxide and isopropyl alcohol
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: Close vision, Depth perception and ability to adjust focus