Ra Medical Systems is a publicly traded, medical device company focusing on developing its excimer laser and catheter system to treat vascular diseases. This role is responsible for tackling tough technical challenges to enable research and development activities for further developing a laser driven system to effectively treat occluded lesions and fracture calcium. The ideal applicant is someone excited to deal with technical uncertainty and is able to quickly grasp new physics, decide what is important, and quantitatively drive design decision making.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Executes complicated experiments involving the interaction between fluid mechanics and solid mechanics to characterize and optimize device behavior
- Translates marketing and customer inputs into actionable design inputs and technical specifications
- Delivers written and verbal presentations of results to audiences with varying levels of technical expertise
- Designs mechanical, optical, or electrical components for laser system and catheter as needed
- Completes documentation for all projects to ensure FDA and global compliance with requirements
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS) in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or other technical degree from four-year college or university with 5 years of experience in technical roles, a Master’s degree (MS) in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or other technical degree from four-year college or university with 3 years of experience in technical roles, or a PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or other technical degree.
- Demonstrated aptitude executing challenging research experiments including experience with digital data acquisition systems (e.g. Labview, oscilloscopes, and similar).
- Strong technical aptitude for challenging physics based problems.
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Office
- Other skills required: Strong knowledge of physics, Programming and scriping, Solidworks, Statistics and statistical software, Data acquisition, Technical communications, Project management, Mechatronics engineering, Failure analysis
- Diversity – Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Design – Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Occasionally required to stand
- Occasionally required to walk
- Frequently required to sit
- Occasionally required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Frequently required to talk or hear
- Occasionally work near moving mechanical parts
- Occasionally work in high, precarious places
- Occasionally work around fumes, airborne particles, or toxic chemicals
- Occasional exposure to bloodborne and airborne pathogens or infectious materials
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- The employee must occasionally lift and /or move more than 25 pounds