Transform Your Practice.
When it comes to treating psoriasis, vitiligo, and atopic dermatitis, you and your patients want the same things. Better. Safer. Faster. Cheaper.
The Pharos excimer laser is all that, and more.
It will transform your practice into a state-of-the-art psoriasis-and-vitiligo center of excellence, attract new patients looking for options beyond pharmaceuticals and phototherapy booths, and create a profitable revenue center from recurring reimbursement under special laser CPT® codes.
And in doing so, the Pharos will transform your patients’ lives.
Pharos excimer lasers deliver 308-nm, the ideal wavelength of UVB light, in precisely targeted treatments only to the patients’ affected tissue, without exposing the surrounding healthy skin. Pharos treatments are proven effective on even the most difficult-to-treat psoriasis including the scalp, palms and soles, elbows and knees, and intertriginous lesions. They are highly effective for re-pigmenting localized vitiligo and for clearing atopic dermatitis. Patients enjoy long remissions and greater confidence that comes with successful treatment.
Pharos excimer lasers are non-thermal and non-ablative. Treatments are painless and can be used to treat patients of all ages and skin types, as well as during pregnancy and nursing. Unlike conventional UV booths which expose healthy skin as well as diseased tissue, targeted Pharos treatments reduce the risk of photo-aging by sparing healthy tissue. Pharos is not associated with the risk of skin atrophy commonly experienced with steroids or systemic side effects like those linked to biologics.
Pharos patients are treated twice weekly and most psoriasis and atopic dermatitis patients experience rapid clearing in as few as 10 treatments. Vitiligo patients benefit from faster and more profound re-pigmentation than with other forms of phototherapy. Treatment sessions last only minutes, require no preparation, and have no downtime post-treatment.
Pharos treatments are reimbursed by Medicare and most major insurance carriers. Its unlimited-use business models empower physicians to set affordable fee schedules for cash-pay patients. For patients, that makes highly efficacious and safe Pharos treatments affordable and accessible. For physicians, Pharos excimer lasers are affordably priced, have no “per treatment fee,” and are available for purchase, finance, or rent. This makes Pharos less expensive to use and more profitable than any other excimer device on the market.
Before and After
Flat-top Beam Profile Top
Flat-top Beam Profile Side
The Science of Changing Lives
Pharos excimer laser is the synthesis of science and innovation.
- Science to create the perfect 308-nm wavelength of light and deliver its highly energetic photons through an extremely collimated, precisely targeted, uniform laser beam
- Innovation to develop a small, lightweight, easy-to-use laser that enables you to deliver the therapeutic benefits of excimer laser light to your patients’ plaques and lesions
5 Principles of Excimer Laser Light Perfected
- Wavelength – 308-nm UVB is near the peak of the action spectrum for T-cell apoptosis, ideal for treating T-cell mediated and inflammatory diseases
- Energy – excimer laser 308-nm induces 4 times more T-cell apoptosis than narrowband UVB bulbs or monochromatic excimer lamps (MELs)
- II Collimation – delivers maximum therapeutic dose to basal layer with less surface and epidermal scatter for optimum outcomes
- Targeting – the only excimer with integrated adjustable spot size and aiming beam, enabling easy and fast precision treatments that spare healthy tissue
- Beam Uniformity – the only non-Gaussian, flat-top beam with no hot spots that delivers uniform doses for optimal patient comfort and results
How Pharos Fits In Your Practice
Flexible, Versatile, and Beneficial - The “Go-To” Therapy
As monotherapy, conjunctive therapy, or after other modalities have failed, the Pharos completes your armamentarium for T-cell mediated, hyperproliferative, inflammatory, and hypopigmentation diseases. It is ideal for localized areas after topicals, in combination or following full-body UVB for hard-to-reach areas including the scalp, palms and soles, and intertriginous areas. It is also efficacious against recalcitrant plaques with or after orals or biologics injections. For vitiligo, the Pharos excels at repigmenting localized lesions, especially on the face, including periorbital and nasal-labial areas, neck, and torso. Flexible, versatile, and beneficial to a wide range of patients, the Pharos will become your go-to treatment for the most common general dermatology conditions you treat every day.
Pharos Attracts Patients Seeking State-of-the-Art Treatments
Create a New Revenue and Profit Center with your Existing Patients
Pharos treatments are reimbursed about $150-$250 under excimer laser CPT® codes 96920, 96921, and 96922, based on the body surface area treated. Patients average 16 treatments per course of therapy and 1 to 2 courses of therapy in a year. While revenue per patient will vary, the average Pharos patient will generate between $2500 and $8000 for the practice.
Ra Medical Systems empowers physicians to make Pharos excimer laser therapy accessible to their patients by offering flexible and affordable acquisitions options with UNLIMITED USE and NO per-use-fees.
3 Flexible and Affordable Acquisition Options
- $2,500 per Month
- 100% of Payment Applied Toward Purchase
- 1-Time Payment
- Pays for itself in About 14 Patients
- $1,300 per Month
- $23,000 in Tax Savings
Pharos Transforms Practice into a Psoriasis and Vitiligo Center of Excellence
Ra Medical Systems provides premium-level service and support to optimize your patients’ outcomes, educate and empower your staff, and ensure that Pharos is a clinical and financial success for your practice.
- In-depth clinical and technical training
- Rapid response technical support
- Proactive maintenance and free upgrade program
- Patient education
- Reimbursement support